Flex partners with Plaid to allow users to connect their bank account to our platform in a safe and secure way. Plaid supports 10,000+ financial institutions and is constantly adding more.
Due to this, there are instances where Flex may not have control of the issues you encounter but do know that we are trying our best to resolve issues if they are on our end or partnering with Plaid directly to resolve.
Plaid provides the two most common reasons for this:
- Plaid does not currently support your institution. It’s common that smaller banks and credit unions may not be supported but Plaid is constantly looking to add more.
- Your banking institution is preventing you from connecting your account. Issues with your bank’s internal system may be the culprit unfortunately.
Plaid provides the four most common reasons for this:
- Your bank login and password may have changed. Try verifying your login credential and try again.
- Plaid may be experiencing technical difficulties. Plaid is likely aware and working towards a fix. Please try again at a later time.
- Your bank may be experiencing technical difficulties. Issues with your bank’s internal system may be the culprit unfortunately. Consider contacting your bank to let them know you’re experiencing this.
- Your bank may be limiting your ability to connect. Some banks are restrictive in what apps have access to your account. Consider contacting your bank to let them know you’re experiencing this.
We understand how frustrating it is if your bank is not listed and we are constantly sharing user feedback with Plaid and our Product Team to improve our service.
If you would like your financial institution added, please let us know (include the name and URL) and we will share this with Plaid. Additionally, feel free to reach out to Plaid directly via their support portal and via their Twitter page.