What is a Micro Deposit?
Micro-deposits are small, temporary funds deposited into a bank account as a security measure to confirm the legitimacy of a newly added account.When you add a new bank account to your resident portal, the portal may require micro deposit verification before you can use the new account for making payments.
To complete this verification process, Flex will need to provide you with a micro deposit code, which could be a 3-digit code, a letter code, or a specific dollar amount. You'll need to enter this code to proceed with self-submitting a payment with a Flex-funded bank account.
It's important to be aware that it can take up to 4 business days for the micro deposit code or amount to become available to Flex so that it can be sent to you.
What if I can’t wait?
If you'd like to avoid waiting for the code to become available, we can provide you with an alternative payment method funded by Flex, which is a debit card.
To switch your payment method from a bank account to a debit card, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your app's homescreen, or click here to access it.
- Click the 'View details' button.
- Select the 'Switch to debit card' option.
- Confirm your choice by clicking the 'Use debit card' button.
- The debit card details, including the card number, expiration date, and CVC, will be displayed on your screen.
Please be aware that rent portals may charge additional fees for payments made with a card.