Flex is a monthly subscription service that simplifies rent payments by splitting them into two parts. Every month, Flex ensures that your full rent is paid directly to your property when it's due. You pay a portion of the total rent upfront on the rent due date, and the remaining balance is financed through a Flex credit line.
The amount of your Flex credit line is determined based on factors like your Flex repayment history (only applicable to current users), your credit report information, and your credit score.
- Flex repayment history (for current users): Have you paid your Flex account on time? Have you ever been delinquent or had a payment returned for insufficient funds?
- Credit report information and credit scores may reflect the following:
- Payment history: Do you pay your bills, including monthly credit card bills, on time? Have you ever filed for bankruptcy or had a debt sent to collections?
- Current accounts: How many open accounts do you have? What types of loans do you have
- Account history: How long have you had your current accounts? Have you applied for new credit recently?
- Credit utilization ratio: How much credit are you using compared to the amount of credit you have available? What is your debt-to-income ratio?
We conduct a one-time soft credit check when you set up your Flex account. There are no additional soft credit checks after this initial evaluation. The soft credit check does not impact your credit, but missed payments on your Flex account could negatively impact your credit score.
We perform ongoing monitoring of your credit profile and Flex payment history to determine continued membership eligibility. Learn more about credit line reassessments and adjustments here.